Our baby girl's blog

I really wanted to start this blog so that I could share with all my friends back home who I can't be around all the happenings of my pregnancy and appointments.

And since this will be my last pregnancy, I wanted a little keep sake to reflect back on one day of everything that happened.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

We have a name!!!!

I had spent days on the computer looking up names for our baby girl. I looked through origins wanting to make sure that her name was Spanish or of Latin descent, I looked up names that had the name Anna in it because I wanted a part of my grandma’s name in it, or at the very least a part of the name grandma in it, and lastly I looked up names that had special meaning and would signify how important she was to us, and how much we had gone through for her to be us.

Of all the names I choose (Marisol = Maria / = sun, Chalina = form of rose, Damita = little princess, Elisa = form of Elizabeth, Ana Alagracia Granados = grace, Alba, Eliana, Eva or Ava, Elena, Nina, Mia (me – a), Antonia, Emma, Julia, Sophia, Emma Sophia, Adelina = noble, kind, winged) Ron didn’t like any of them, and shot them down no sooner than he had looked at the list.

Than one night out of the blue as our friends were visiting from Canada Ron must have spent two hours on the computer looking up names, and that night, his and my efforts paid off; we finally have a name for our baby girl. MIA ELIANA.

MIA: meaning, wished for

ELIANA: meaning, daughter of the sun and God has answered me

It fit all the criteria for wanting to name our baby girl, and I think very fitting for everything that we have been through in order to have this little miracle baby.

Coincidently, if you look up at my original list, both names on Ron’s list were also on mine that Ron had turned down before. I think he just wanted to be the one that “picked” out his princess’ name.

A week later and it has finally sunk in that our baby, our little girl, our miracle finally has a name, I can finally call her something other than her nickname, of Spook or Princess Spook. I can finally call her MIA.

No comments:

Post a Comment