Our baby girl's blog

I really wanted to start this blog so that I could share with all my friends back home who I can't be around all the happenings of my pregnancy and appointments.

And since this will be my last pregnancy, I wanted a little keep sake to reflect back on one day of everything that happened.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Weeks 32 - 35

Week 32 and I am officially feeling HUGE! I think Mia has had a little more than a little growth spurt these last couple weeks.

Sitting up anything but straight is impossible, and regardless, sitting, standing, walking, or lying down is uncomfortable and awkward.

I’m trying to keep smiling, after all this pregnancy has been relatively easy, and as always I’m continuing to count my blessings.

I go back home in three weeks, and I am not looking forward to it. By week three in Berlin I was miserable. I don’t know if it was a combination of the lack of sleep, the new poor body image I had of myself, and the newly formed discomfort, but I was missing home and missing Ron. I am not looking forward to going home for three or four times longer and missing my boys as well.

Weeks 33-35 bring my return to Moscow, to home – finally!!!

I feel good, some days I feel HUGE again, others not so much, but by week 34 my lower stomach and pelvis are very sore from the weight my belly is carrying and the varicose veins which flare up when I am sitting or laying down to long.

Sleep is still non-existent, but it’s gotten a lot harder to just breeze through the day. I need my naps now more than ever. I’m exhausted and fatigued all the time. Doing the smallest of every day tasks have become hard on so little energy.

My week 34 and 35 appointment with my OB shows that Mia is a BIG baby. He estimates her to be at 8lbs already with still 5 weeks to go. He assures me that ultrasounds can sometimes be wrong, but in my case, not so. He can feel her through my stomach. I guess time will tell soon.

No matter how big she is though, I have not gained a single pound in more than 7 weeks. I’ve gained now 11 or 12 lbs my whole pregnancy, and with an 8 lb baby + water + placenta, I think that’s pretty darn good. How I am pulling that off is beyond me.

Week 36 will see me flying home to Toronto…..stayed tuned for another update.

No comments:

Post a Comment